Welcome to the ongoing adventures of the Eversole family! Hope you enjoy reading about our daily life, exciting times, trials, growth, and love!

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

2nd Doctor Visit!

I took CR back (well to a different ENT Dr.). K&I had made up our minds that we were going to wait until CR was a little older and then revisit the need of taking his tonsils out. However, a few weeks ago, CR had a sleep apnea episode during a nap where he stopped breathing, but quickly woke himself (of course startled and out of sorts). This explains his restless sleep at times! I immediately got on the phone and called a friend/neighbor to find out who she took her 2 kids to last summer to get their tonsils out. She quickly gave me the name and number of Dr. Blumer (Charlotte ENT in actual Charlotte...same as RH office but oh so different). I called and made an appointment...it was yesterday.


What a difference in Doctors and offices! The office was in front of South Park and I really was not looking forward to making the trip to Charlotte today. However, I am so glad I did! Upon arriving, I noticed that the building was 3-4 stories with a parking garage, versus the RH office being stuffed into a "complex" of Dr. offices. We proceeded to the 2nd floor (office) where everything is so kid friendly (also unlike the RH office). We get there and CR wants to play in the kid area immediately. I make him wait patiently while I get signed in and give them our new insurance info. (Yippee...we now have great insurance through K's work). Bless CR's heart, he didn't even get to visit the room. Once we were signed in, someone came and got us and took us back. The nurse was SO friendly with CR and asked a lot of questions. The room was so kid friendly too! The nurse exited after her questions, and CR and I only had a few minutes to read the books in the room before Dr. Blumer came in. Before he came in though, I did recognize a plaque on the wall that he was chosen as a #1 physician in America (I think). I immediately felt even better about my decision to take the trip to Charlotte. Dr. Blumer was very nice and personable. He did a great job with CR and CR was a champ! He didn't make a peep through the entire evaluation! He even opened his mouth and stuck out his tongue enough so the Dr. could see his tonsils without the "hated stick" (we had been practicing).


And we have good news...CR doesn't need tonsils out at this time. He does have something blocking breathing in his nose (Dr. thinks it happened in womb), but we are going to monitor it. As for his adenoids, we are to use a nasal spray each night before bed in hopes to reduce them. We go back in 4 weeks for a x-ray of his adenoids to see if the spray has reduced the swelling. If so, no surgery is needed! I am so pleased, as you can imagine I was not looking forward to my baby boy having to have this surgery and stay overnight in the hospital.

So, sometimes even though things are a pain, it turns out best in the long run. I am so glad we decided to take the trip to Charlotte. Thanks Beth for the recommendation! We traveled to Charlotte, visited the Dr., visited the x-ray scheduler, let CR visit the play waiting area, and traveled home in the time it took us at the RH office. Wow...what a difference a put together office and Dr. are!

No comments: