Welcome to the ongoing adventures of the Eversole family! Hope you enjoy reading about our daily life, exciting times, trials, growth, and love!

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Ah-Ha Moment

I love it when I have an Ah-ha moment and a light bulb goes on in my head (something that doesn't happen as much as I would like or it used to prior to most of my thoughts surrounding my kids, etc.). I had one just the other day though, riding down the rode listening to the radio. In the song, it was referencing the ocean to something (don't even remember what), but I had a reference of my own. So many times I have wondered what I would say to someone if ever asked, "how do you know there is a God if you have never seen him?" Other than God's miracles through my obvious trials and tribulations, which is enough to make someone believe in God, I have continued to search for something else that answers this exact question. And now I have it! I am so excited and eager for someone to ask me that question now that I once was so worried that someone would ask me and I would stumble over the answer.

The answer is: When looking out across the ocean, the human eye can't see land on the other side. However, we believe it is there, and if we look at a map, we can see it there. Well, believing in God is the same...even though I haven't seen him face to face (in human form), I know He exists. The Bible (and works in my life) are proof and are my "map" to show me!