Welcome to the ongoing adventures of the Eversole family! Hope you enjoy reading about our daily life, exciting times, trials, growth, and love!

Thursday, March 18, 2010

On the Move

She's on the move and gaining speed daily! Although she has taken a few steps here and there (and took her first steps the same place I did...my grandmother's house), she now knows she can do it and is starting to prefer it over crawling. Now that the weather is nicer outside, we have been going outside a bit more. I truly feel that this was her turning point...she has reason to walk. I refuse to let her crawl on the ground (yeah I know...bad mom) because I don't want her to ruin clothes and shoes, so I made her walk holding onto my hands or pushing a toy. It didn't take her long to realize that was not going to cut it...she couldn't do all she wanted to do and keep up with her brother.

So now she is venturing out more and more each day, gaining more confidence with each step. She makes a bee-line to the steps inside, so I am so thankful that some dear friends, and neighbors, of ours let us borrow another gate (thankfully it fits perfectly since they have the same house as us). She has to also wear her "special" shoes still inside too. I really feel like this was another reason she finally started to take off. Another dear friend, and neighbor, loaned me stride rite walking shoes. I REFUSED to buy any of these because they are the ugliest shoes and very expensive (especially since I will not let her go anywhere in them). Just as my friend/neighbor told me, they have done the trick in getting her to walk!

So we are off...!

No comments: