Welcome to the ongoing adventures of the Eversole family! Hope you enjoy reading about our daily life, exciting times, trials, growth, and love!

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

It is Amazing!

I am in amazement that I am finding time to do something that I really enjoy doing, but gets pushed to the back burner often...READ books. Maybe this is why I am having such a hard time keeping up with my blog. Oh well, I am enjoying it and maybe I am using my brain for something besides being Mommy (and of course when I have to use it at work).

Paula Deen's book, "It Ain't All About the Cookin" is what I am currently reading. I have always been a Paula Deen fan, love watching her cooking shows, subscribed (at one time) to her magazine, and have a cookbook or two of hers. Even though a lot of her recipes use a lot more butter than my liking, I have yet to meet one I didn't like. She, as a person, has always fascinated me too, because of her Southern ways. I knew some of her story, but this book reveals it all...I am amazed by all that I am reading.




My friend Amanda lent this one to me in addition to the Paula Deen one. This one was one that I had a hard time putting down once I started, due to its suspense. I have never read a book by this author, but I am sure I will again. I liked that it had settings that I was familiar with including Charleston and Clemson! I am not going to give any details away, because I can't stand to read books that someone has already told me what goes on in it. But if you like suspense, this is a good read!

This one I haven't read yet, but it was mentioned in Paula's book. I am going to try to find it at Barnes&Noble soon. I am forever wanting something that I could use as a "game" ( if you will) for friends, or just for Ken and I that gets us talking about stuff. This book does just that by asking "off the surface" questions.

My mom bought this one for me as a stocking stuffer for Christmas and I LOVE IT! It is a series of stories written by moms that discuss daily struggles, triumphs, and precious moments of motherhood. I don't read it without something touching my heart or finding something that inspires me. It is a book that I will read over and over and over again as I walk through the journey of motherhood!

I am enjoying picking up with this hobby of mine and hope that I can continue with it.

No comments: