Welcome to the ongoing adventures of the Eversole family! Hope you enjoy reading about our daily life, exciting times, trials, growth, and love!

Friday, November 6, 2009

Growing Up

As we graduated into the 9th month and 4th year, at a recent well Dr. visit I was reminded just how quickly my children are growing up. In less than 3 months, my baby will no longer be a baby, but a toddler and my little boy is "big enough" to graduate to a booster car seat (even though I am going to keep him the 5 point harness as long as possible). My baby days are almost over forever with one child while the other is almost not a preschooler anymore....AGH! As sad as I am to see them grow so quickly, I guess I am excited too about the future...playing more together, ballgames, dance, shopping buddy, family trips, etc. that will bring much joy into our family! And I am sure I won't miss buying diapers, formula, cleaning bottles, and lack of sleeping in. For now...I am going to do my best to cherish these days before they are gone forever! Below are some stats.

Caden-You are still my bony legs (measuring in the 50%). You eat ALL and everything you can, yet bless your heart, you just don't gain much fat...I wish I had this problem. While you don't gain any meat on those bones, you are making up for it in height...you are in the 95% for your age. Maybe when you get older and slow down a little bit, your weight can catch up with you. You amaze me daily with just how smart you are and your desire to soak up as much knowledge as you can in a day. You are so eager to join some of your friends in elementary school and get heartbroken that you are not as old as they are...but please don't rush it for you will grow up too soon. You are the best big brother and have the biggest heart for your sister...my heart swells when I watch you two together! These days you are learning to ride a bike (trying to get those training wheels off), learning to write your name/letters, and still love playing outside. You are getting so much better about staying in your bed all night, yet you still like to come sleep with mommy and daddy some nights. Caden, I am amazed at were you started when you were born, 6 weeks early in the NICU, to the handsome, smart, and energetic boy you have become! I love you with all my heart and you make my life great!

Carragan-My precious little girl that I dreamed of having since I was a little girl...I feel like a kid again some days dressing my "doll" in all the cute things! You, too, love to eat and are very excited that the Dr. "graduated" you into the world of real food (no more baby cereal)...as you have been bucking me with. You can't find anything you don't like...which pleases me b/c I don't know what I would do with a picky eater. You are still waiting on some teeth...you have 2 just about to pop through or at least I think...we have been anxiously waiting for a while now! You are 1/2 the weight of your big brother...weighing in at 17.7 lbs (top percentile) for your age. You are also very tall. And Mommy was confirmed yet again from the Dr. that I was not making all the pain of natural childbirth up, because your head still remains in the top percentile as well. You are getting to be a VERY fast mover which is making me very nervous. You are also learning to pull up and stand without holding on to anything...I think you may walk before you are 1 yr. You still love your blankie and like your brother, you LOVE Mickey Mouse and go to sleep with a stuffed one....just like "bubby". Your personality is budding more daily...I am loving learning who you are becoming! Best of all...you still remain Mommy's girl...and I am eating up every minute of it...I hope you stay that way!

No comments: