Welcome to the ongoing adventures of the Eversole family! Hope you enjoy reading about our daily life, exciting times, trials, growth, and love!

Monday, April 28, 2008

Froggy Fun






A sign of Spring in our town, frogs appear everywhere...one in particular is Glen the Frog and now his "girlfriend" Glenda. During this once a year event, there are tons of activites that go on in various places, many of which are free and great fun! We took CR to several of these events and Glen has became a new character friend of his. He asks me about him daily and where he is.
*Pictures: 1: P&M&CR wait for the parade to begin...the kickoff for this frog fest.
Picture 2: CR gets tired of waiting...no nap day!
Picture 3: CR and DaDa with CR's favorite "character".
Picture 4: Glen and Glenda...some of CR's new favorites.
Picture 5: CR "adopts" a frog at the Sundae's with Glen.
*I wish I could share more pics...I have tons of the fun we had this week at all these froggie events!




On another frog note, remember I said above that frogs are everywhere. I have to share about this funny happening last week. I was supposed to meet some of my neighbor friends outside to chat after I got home from a baby shower at church. So while K was putting CR to bed, I went outside. I didn't see anyone I was supposed to meeting though, so I thought, "hey, it is a nice night outside, I am just going to sit on the front porch and enjoy the peacefulness". All of a sudden, 3 police cars pull on my street and park in front of one of the neighbor's house that I was supposed to be meeting up with and across the street from the other neighbor's house (they live directly across from each other). The 3 policemen get out of the cars and proceed around back to one of these friends houses. Panic totally set in as I knew her husband was not home yet. Then I saw her come around the house with the officers. I then thought...oh no, what has she done. So I called her to make sure she was alright (keep in mind that I am supposed to be meeting her outside). She told me she was fine, in no trouble, and to come over. When I got there, she tells me that the people across the street called the police saying they heard what sounded like a woman screaming from the direction of her house. Ready to hear what the sound was...two frogs in her goldfish pond in her backyard "singing". The cops apoligized and so did the neighbor...saying that she should send them out on tour. At least we know that if something happens, the cops will be here with backups to help.




Hey Ash...maybe they could be like Alvin and the Chipmunks! We are never going to let this down...you will always be known as "froggie"! Needless to say, the frogs are out in full force in our town this time of year.

No comments: