Welcome to the ongoing adventures of the Eversole family! Hope you enjoy reading about our daily life, exciting times, trials, growth, and love!

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Return to Baby Days?!

I finally had grown very accustomed to sleeping again through the night with CR sleeping all night through (most of you know that this was a blessed event that took much, much longer in my household than most). However, about a month ago, CR decided to change things again. He has decided that he is "scared" of his room and wants to sleep to my bed. I am at my wits end about getting him back to sleeping through the night in his bed. Our nights go like this (almost like clock work).

-CR goes to sleep in TV room watching Cars.
- K takes him to his bed.
-CR wakes up at 11:45 to get in our bed.

At first, I really believe he was having nightmares and had issues with getting back to sleep. However, now, I think it is more of a comfort thing and/or I recently think it may even be related to the fact that he may need his tonsils/adnoids out (snores badly, breathes wierd, and wakes himself up because he can't breathe.) I have discussed this issue with the Dr. and we are monitoring closely (which should be easy to do since he is in the bed with me nightly). He is still really too young/little for this surgery at this time.

I have tried the following "mechanisms" to get him back in his bed.
-consoling and returning to bed
-crying it out
-rewards
-got/tried some suggestions from Dr.

Is this just a phase or am I returning to infanthood again?!

1 comment:

Amy said...

I'm so sorry he is not sleeping well again.. He is just upset when he wakes up at 11:45 that he isn't where he was when he fell asleep!!! Good luck!!