Welcome to the ongoing adventures of the Eversole family! Hope you enjoy reading about our daily life, exciting times, trials, growth, and love!

Monday, April 21, 2008

Words to Remember

I found the following on an e-mail today, and I thought it was worth sharing. What an awesome reminder of how we should live! How much more meaningful/easier life would be if I lived by these daily. This may be a new favorite quote for me...too bad that I don't know who the author was to give them credit.

Happy moments, praise God.
Difficult moments, seek God.
Quiet moments, worship God.
Painful moments, trust God.
Every moment, thank God.

During this past year, I have learned just how important these words are to life. *I have learned that life is short, and I should praise God in the happy moments, because He allows them and soon a "storm" will come.
*I have learned to seek and trust Him during difficult and painful moments (or at least the big ones that I have no control over...like the brain tumor). I am still learning to trust him on the every day battles. Isn't that so backwards...if He can handle the big issues of my life...I know he can handle the small ones. Yet, it is so difficult for me to turn the "small things" over to him instead of trying to have my hand in it.
*I am learning to retrain myself to worship God in the quiet times. I used to think worship was in church or spending a lot of minutes in prayer and reading His word. However, I have learned differently. Worship is so much different. Quiet times are so few and far between in my life with a two year old that is constantly wide open and bucking me on taking naps. I am learning to worship God in different ways, not only during a quiet time (usually in my car once I have dropped my child off or on the toliet), but also with music, serving others, and short prayers/thanks during the day. This is still a daily struggle! Sometimes, I feel like I don't even have the quietness to think.
*Lastly, I am learning to thank God in everything. Whether it is good or bad, I realize that things could be so much worse. I also am learning to appreciate things in life more....whether it is the beauty of nature or my child fighting to take a nap. Thank God for showing his beauty/presence all around us in a not-so-beautiful world/society, and thank God that I have a child that is healthy enough and enjoys life enough to fight naps!
It is amazing how different life can be when you live life by these words!

No comments: