Welcome to the ongoing adventures of the Eversole family! Hope you enjoy reading about our daily life, exciting times, trials, growth, and love!

Thursday, May 29, 2008

End of Year Program

Today was CR's last day of the "school year". They had a singing session planned that CR has been anticipating for a while, because they have been doing some serious practice at school. I mean, even a week or so ago, as we are standing in Belk's getting a gift wrapped, CR gets on the luggage stand that he called "his stage" and begins wailing the words of each of the songs he was to sing today. We have practiced at home and even in the Dr. office while we waited yesterday.

I was totally convinced that either one of 2 things would happen: he would either run off the stage once he saw us or either sing great. Neither really happened! He sat on the stage and barely moved his mouth! He was too busy looking at everyone in the audience and all the things on the stage. Oh wait, he did decide that at the end of the program he wanted to return to the stage with some other kids and the MMO director to sing :Toot-e-ta. He did sing then...just no movements that go with it. Almost at the end of the song, he decided he was done all together and made his way back down the stairs to us.

Unfortunately, I don't have any pics of this event since my memory card was full! Sorry Grandma and Grandda (who are in Alaska)...I do have video of him sitting up there though.

You never know what a 2 year old is going to do....better luck next year. I am just glad he wasn't a 4 year old up there in his cap and gown...I don't think I would have made it (I wanted to tear up watching them and I don't even know them). I will take him being 2 just sitting up there as long as I can!

No comments: