Welcome to the ongoing adventures of the Eversole family! Hope you enjoy reading about our daily life, exciting times, trials, growth, and love!

Monday, February 16, 2009

A Great Excuse

I am not fond of Valentine's Day, since I don't think one day should be deemed as a day to shower the ones you love with time, gifts, cards, etc. to let them know that you love them. However, this year, I was very eager to use it as an excuse to have some much needed alone time with my husband. My brother and sister-in-law volunteered to come over to watch the kids while K and I went to dinner. We went to one of my favorite local places...Michael's Cafe where we enjoyed a yummy dinner in the secluded window seat of the restaurant. It was so nice for us to unwind with the Caribbean music (that reminds us of all the cruises we have been on..although it makes us long to be on a ship) and have time to talk (besides how was your day) which is about all we have been able to get in the last few weeks. They even did a special treat for all their customers that night...instead of an after dinner mint, they had chocolate covered strawberries...a favorite of mine. It was a great Valentine's...nice alone time with my family, then that night alone time with my husband, and my sister-in-law made chocolate covered strawberries for us too (she knows they are a fave of mine). Thanks Uncle J and Aunt Melissa for watching the kids and for the yummy chocolate covered strawberries you made for us too!

I also had to reminisce about our first Valentine's Day...it was my first year of teaching and K made a surprise visit during lunch. He got someone to open my classroom and he filled the room with red and white balloons and left rose petals all over my desk and floor. Then on my desk, he left a dozen red roses. How romantic...that was the most romantic Valentine's Day I had ever had or had since. We jokingly compared Valentine's Day then and now...now we left in our mini-van (instead of his red sports car) and had an early bird dinner so we could come home and put our kids to bed. My my how things change! I would not trade it for the world! My cards, dinner, love, new PJ's, and sweet Valentine's Day wishes from CR, baby C, and K fill my heart with so much overflowing joy! I AM SO BLESSED!

1 comment:

Amy said...

My how things have changed for us all! Speaking of cruising.... we are booking our first one in 4 years for OCtober......... I'm already excited!