Welcome to the ongoing adventures of the Eversole family! Hope you enjoy reading about our daily life, exciting times, trials, growth, and love!

Friday, April 17, 2009

Running the Race

...the rat race that is. I have to admit, I have had my new computer monitor for a full week as of today, but I haven't found time to post. My life is very hectic and having 2 kids is rocking my world! Don't get me wrong, I am BLESSED, but I am just having a hard time balancing everything. I feel like a rat on its wheel that constantly goes round and round as fast as it can without getting much accomplished. And everything is so much more complex now...simple day to day tasks are mountains (including my battle with computer monitors...it took 3 tries to get one that worked, baby announcements that I have had before she was born (even addressed) but I am just now getting them sent this weekend due to printer problems and the fact that I was jipped 4 ribbons and had to get more which turned into a process, and on and on. Anyways, you get my point...nothing is simple anymore! All of you out there with more than 2 kids...you are my heroes as I would be in the nut house!
In the midst of all this, I count my blessings daily to be in such a predicament. Going on 2 years ago, I didn't know if I would live to see this moment of having 2 precious healthy kids that bring joy to my life on a daily basis. God has blessed me tremendously and for that I am thankful! I just have to make myself not focus on accomplishing tasks that really don't mean that much and focus on making memories with my family because that is what truly matters in life! Check out some of our recent memories below (sorry for so many pics...I am having to catch up). I am glad to be back and hope to not be such a stranger! Thanks for your patience as I have been "absent" for so long!
CR at "Blastball" practice. He is so excited to be part of the team. Blastball is a step under T-ball that teaches the little ones the fundamentals of baseball without step by step. The child hits the ball from the T and then runs to first base in hopes to reach it before someone catches the ball and runs to the base or catches it midair. The base honks when they jump on it. This base will be moved along (to 2nd, 3rd, and eventually home) during the six week play period. The bat and ball are very soft (no need for a glove etc.).
CR and his teammates getting ready to catch a hit, Did I mention that K and I are the coaches for his team?! WOW...teaching this group is so different than 4th graders. There attention span is about 10 minutes long and each one is in there on world and trying to get them all to pay attention to you at one time is nearly impossible. It is going to be a learning experience for us too!

K attempts to teach the crew where to stand while waiting on a hit. They are so cute and so eager to play!






This week I was on Spring Break. I tried to do some fun stuff with CR this week which included driving to Columbia 2 days (one to visit Edventure children's museum and the other to the zoo (pics of the zoo will come later...they are still on my camera). Both events turned out fun but chaotic. Edventure was Tuesday and my parents went with us since my mom was on Spring Break too. We got stuck in a wreck on 77 that was backed up forever. To make a long story short...a 1 hour trip took 2 hours or longer). Then I had to get ugly with a lady there that wasn't watching her child (a major pet peeve of mine) when her child was out of control.





CR and Curious George...one of his favorite TV characters. He told me the other day that he wants a real monkey like Curious George.




CR has learned just to say cheese anytime the camera is pointed at him. Unfortunately, this makes for some not so good smiles.






Baby C was not too thrilled as you can imagine about the museum. She finally decided to give it up and take a nap.



Me and the "largest kid". This really puts into perspective just how large he is. CR wasn't too fond of him. The back side is really neat in that you can see in his body. It is a play yard for kids (they can climb up his backbone, slide down his intestines, jump on what he ate for lunch, etc.). I can't blame him for being scared....it was huge, the slides were dark, and his belly made loud "gurgling" noises. Very neat exhibit though!






My little bird in his nest!









Scooping up bricks. CR just couldn't get enough of this place. He went from thing thing and played so hard. Thankfully he crashed on the way home.










His favorite...the tractor (John Deere nonetheless)!





He got to shop for food and ...


ring up our groceries at the kid grocery store.

Riding in the fire truck. He opted not to dress in the firemen suit and go through the dark tunnel. He did slide down the fireman pole though.

Baby C was not fond of the cow and its mooing at all!

CR cooks us up some grub the kid diner.

A full picture of the largest kid



Last before least, before we left, CR was able to play in the water. Of course he got soaked. I didn't expect this, so I didn't pack extra clothes for him. He had to ride home in his undies.

Sorry for the mooning! I couldn't leave this out though, because it is a treasured moment that I will laugh at and share with him when he is older. CR loves to pee on fire ants to watch them come out of their hill fighting mad. My dad started this with him when he first started potty training to get him to go. Thanks Granda...now he does it and every one he sees!

Mommy's little bunny!
Sunday after church we (well I) decided that we should go to a local park and take pictures in our Easter attire. Needless to say, this wasn't a pleasant event as one or both of the kids didn't cooperate for much of it. After a few pictures we left after my nerves were shot.

I was able to get a few good shots
My little baby doll
We did manage to get one good family shot. I asked a lady to take a picture of us in return I would take a picture for her of her family. Us moms are often left out of the pictures because we are the one behind the camera. I was glad to get the opportunity to get included in this one!


They have made some nice renovations to the park this winter. The flowers were beautiful. I wish I would have been able to get some more great pics.

Easter bunny nibbled carrots.

Baby C looking at her toy left for her in her basket by the Easter bunny.

The only morning (other than Christmas) that CR is allowed to eat chocolate before breakfast. He took advantage of the moment and stuffed his mouth full!
Bless his heart, he was so sweet to remember his sister and bring her basket to her.
He was so excited that the Easter bunny left baseball shoes in his basket.
CR looking at his Easter bunny finds!

Dying eggs with "eyts and Madey's".

He really did a good job and was very careful about placing his eggs in the dye. The only damage was his pink fingers.
CR hunting eggs at Nana and Pop's. The yard was so muddy and wet from the rain we had that day that the kids had to hunt eggs inside. They still had a great time.
Peyts and Madey's get to hold Baby C for the first time

Having fun at an Easter egg hunt at Mema and Granda's church. Wow...I never imagined taking such a family picture in this same gym 6 years ago when I had a wedding reception there.
baby C gets relaxed and does her "business" at the hunt

CR with his finds. They did such a neat thing that I had never heard of at this egg hunt. All the eggs were empty. Each egg earned them a bunny buck and they went shopping after the hunt. They had all kinds of cute toys etc. for kids. He came out of the hunt with a basket full of goodies. This is such a great alternative to tons of candy.

He really got into the hunt once he got the swing of things and realized what he was supposed to do.

CR and Dada painting a bird house they made at their Home Depot kids time. This has become a monthly event for the 2 of them. It is so neat that they offer such a thing that allows them to have such quality time. CR is so proud of himself after each of these.

My sweet baby girl! She is such a joy and AWESOME baby! These days she is all smiles and full of "talk". It is amazing at the personality that is budding. I hate she is growing so fast and changing so quickly but it is so exciting to see what each new day brings. When I took her to the Dr. last (March 23), she weighed 10.5 and was 21.5 inches tall. She is growing like a weed!

CR at a farm birthday party for his school friend Jacob. This was right up his alley.

He wanted to sit right here and "drive" the tractor the entire party.

His egg he gathered from the chicken coop


My little leprchaun and his "gold" rocks. I am so blessed to have him in such a great childcare/preschool. He learns so much, plays with such neat toys and experiences I could never offer him, and comes home with the neatest stuff! Thanks Ms. Patty for all that you do....you are AWESOME and are blessing my kids life so much!

My doll again...I am loving every moment with this sweet girl!





2 comments:

Amy said...

SO glad you are back!~ I've missed you!!!!!!!!!!! We need to get together soon!. know you are busy!!!

Eversole Crew said...

Glad to be back! I miss talking to you too! I have been keeping up some though with your blog. We do need to get together soon...I will call ya this week!