Welcome to the ongoing adventures of the Eversole family! Hope you enjoy reading about our daily life, exciting times, trials, growth, and love!

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Pregnancy Good, Bad, and Ugly!

THE GOOD

Thump, Thump! We heard "bean's" heartbeat last Tuesday! What a blessing that was, as I have been eagerly waiting for that day. It took the nurse a little while to find it, which scared us to death, but she finally found it down low and hidden. She said it was nice and strong...170. I was hoping for an ultrasound too, as we got to have one with CR at this visit (only because they thought he was two). However, this time, we didn't get that chance...oh well...at least that is a sign that the Dr. thinks everything is okay.

My uterus felt right on track for 12 weeks of pregnancy! Yippee! I am almost out of my first trimester! Maybe I will get more energy soon!

THE BAD

I really have a tummy now. I have always have had a tummy, but now it looks like I
am devouring doughnuts and gaining weight. I can't stand this "in between time" that it is hard for others to tell I am pregnant or just gaining weight. I guess the baby belly will truly arrive soon and I will have to remind myself of this time period when I am so big that my belly feels like it is going to burst!

THE UGLY

Because CR was born 6 weeks early, the Dr.'s think I am a great candidate for a progesterone shot (supposed to help prevent preterm labor). So, when I turn 16 weeks, I get to start these lovely shots! They will have to be given once a week with a 21 gage needle (which unless I am bad wrong, it is big. And even more lovely, progesterone is very thick (meaning it will hurt) and it has to be in my rear! NOT FUN! I am so dreading this! The things I do for my kids! I guess if it keeps "bean" out of the NICU, like CR had to endure, it will be so worth it!

No comments: