Welcome to the ongoing adventures of the Eversole family! Hope you enjoy reading about our daily life, exciting times, trials, growth, and love!

Monday, November 3, 2008

Celebrating the Season

Halloween has become my most unliked holiday. As a kid of course I loved getting a pumpkin/carving a jack-o-lantern, dressing up, trick-or-treating, eating the goodies, teenage parties/dances, and even the occasional haunted house. However, as I grow older, the more and more I don't like it. It is such a money bracketed insane holiday! So, although I will allow CR to celebrate Halloween because I did enjoy some parts of it and it provided some fond memories as I kid, I prefer to celebrate the season. Below are some things we did to help do this, instead of just celebrating Halloween.
CR helping drive the neighborhood hayride at our neighborhood Fall Festival. Thanks Mr. Gregg for such a cool ride!
Enjoying playing with neighbors at our neighborhood Fall Festival...this moon jump kept him busy for a while. It was so nice to have a neighborhood gathering to visit with neighbors and meet new ones. We even decided to carry the "party" on to the house afterwards where we finally got to have some time to get to know some of our neighbors while watching TN get their tails kicked. Glad the company was good...it helped keep K preoccupied from the bad game.

Carragan gets to join in on the fun too!
I had to take a picture of Lay's cute face painting. This "clown" was an awesome face painter. Too bad CR doesn't like anything on his face/skin. Thank goodness I am having a girl that may enjoy this kind of stuff!

My little cowboy! Finally CR decided what he wanted to be...yet another reason I don't like Halloween. Wednesday night I decide that we better pull out CR's football pants/outfit to make sure it all fits etc. since that is what he wanted to be for Halloween and was supposed to wear his costume to school the next day. Thank goodness I did...I couldn't find the pants that actually fit him and his helmet needed major work. So, we went with plan C and D! He just wore a pumpkin shirt to school and we had to start at square one with the costume. I gave him a few more choices and seeked costumes from friends! After looking at "costumes R us" and nothing meeting his approval, we went with a motor cross driver and had everything all set (borrowing stuff from Lay). Then at the last minute, he changes his mind again to another given choice...a cowboy. Thank goodness I already had most of the components. I did go to the Dollar Store for a holster and gun and Cooper allowed us to borrow some boots. Thanks also to my grandmother for the last minute sewing of a vest! The costume turned out cute despite our last minute efforts and he was so happy! Whew...I am glad that is over and I know next year to plan more in advance!
Visiting Mema's and Granda's to show off his cowboy attire.
Painting pumpkins with mommy
CR and Dada go down a slide at Mema's and Granda's church festival.

Playing games at the festival....he had so much fun until they started the bonfire. Then it was time to go home... he was ready to leave immediately!

Helping Granda with the hayride at the church festival.
Having fun on the "train"



Finished Jack!
CR helping clean out the pumpkin...he loved making the mess!

Checking to make sure the pumpkin is cleaned out

No comments: