Welcome to the ongoing adventures of the Eversole family! Hope you enjoy reading about our daily life, exciting times, trials, growth, and love!

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Fixed Cravings

I have finally found a solution to my cravings of snow cones. Over the past several months, the only true craving I have is a snow cone (orange or lime). We found a snow cone stand in our town that had the perfect kind (ice has to be truly shaved). I made a visit to that man at least once every weekend (he was only there on the weekends or I would have went more). His last day was a few weeks back until April or May (well of course that doesn't help me).

Since then, I have been searching frantically for something that would take its place. I have tried other snow cones, chopped ice with Kool Aid, and Popsicles. I was talking to some of our neighbor friends about my crazy craving (although I realized the last day that the man sold that I am not the only one...he said pregnant women are some of his best customers. In fact, another pregnant lady pulled up as I was there and we realized that she was as bad as I was...too funny. We both were trying to talk the man into leasing his machine to us over the winter). Anyways, sorry I got off track there, my neighbors said that they had a shaved ice machine I could borrow. They are AWESOME....thanks Heath and Joy! At first, I tried using the flavor they had (fruit punch), but that did not do the trick. The ice was great (perfect consistency) but the fruit punch was not hitting the spot for me. So then I tried Kool Aid. This was a little better, but not quite it. Then tonight, I got it! I had some left over Orangeade in a bottle in the fridge. I asked K to use to on my icee (he is the icee maker in the household). It was THE BEST...maybe even better than the original snow cones. I think I could have eaten them all night...I did eat as much as I had left (2 icees). I can't wait to get some more tomorrow! I am such a happy pregnant woman now that I have my craving fixed!

Isn't it crazy how different cravings can be from child to child? With CR my major craving was marinara sauce (so we had spaghetti at least once a week...poor K). Now, that doesn't interest me. Who would have thought that I would crave something like a orange snow cone?!

No comments: