Welcome to the ongoing adventures of the Eversole family! Hope you enjoy reading about our daily life, exciting times, trials, growth, and love!

Thursday, October 9, 2008

New Beginnings

CR recently (this week) had a change in childcare while I work part time. He has been a part of a church (formerly our church's) Mother's Morning Out program since he was 23 months old. He loved his experience there, as I did as well. At the beginning, it was just a way for him to interact with other kids, while I did some things alone. Then, when I started working part time, it worked out great that he could go there while I worked (with the help from family on the 2 days a week he didn't have school). I truly think CR is a better child because I started him in this at such an early age. He is a very energetic, yet high maintenance child that doesn't like to play by himself. Because of this, he was becoming very bored with being at home every day. He learned so much while there, and to his teachers, I am forever grateful for the investment they made in his life.

The decision to move him was hard, yet easy as well (thank God). CR was ready for a change and I was in need of a change as I had to find somewhere for the baby to go once she was born. A opportunity landed in my lap (again thank God, because I am so not good with making decisions). The caretaker that has taken care of our niece and nephew since they were babies contacted me, because she found out that I was thinking of options for the baby and CR (since I can't deliver 2 children to 2 different places each morning before work). I know this lady very well and know how well of a job she does with kids...I have seen her works with P and M (our niece and nephew). I knew that both CR and the baby would be in great hands.

His first week was wonderful (again thank God), as I was worried about him taking to the change. He LOVES IT! He tells me each day when I pick him up that he is not ready to go home and has yet to not want to go. He is learning so much too! He has "preschool" Tues. and Thurs. mornings there where he learns by the Mother Goose curriculum. This week he had brown day and show and tell. When I took him this morning, her house (portions of it) were transformed into a pet care place (their unit for half of the month). She had a place set up for a "vet" complete with all kinds of animals, vet supplies, cash register, etc. Then she had a "sand box" in her kitchen filled with moon sand and animals for the kids to search for. He also made a book about pets today and a number bird (a bird that is adorable to help him learn his numbers). It is amazing all that she has and does with these kids. Her house is truly a haven for kids...there is no wonder he doesn't want to leave!

I hope he continues to like going there and his experience turns out as great as P and M's has by going there! It took me a while, but I have come to the realization that others can help my children grow as good or in ways that I can't by offering them different experiences in life. I am proud now to share my kids well being and learning with others that can contribute so much to their lives!

1 comment:

Mrs. Carney said...

Is she looking for some more kids to care for? Starting in January, I will need someone in the afternoons. Email me if you get a chance. Thanks!

~T.C.