Welcome to the ongoing adventures of the Eversole family! Hope you enjoy reading about our daily life, exciting times, trials, growth, and love!

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Not Happy! WARNING...I AM VENTING!

The Dr./pharmacy finally think they have my allergic reaction to the shots figured out...I am allergic to the caster oil that is mixed with the progesterone. So, today I go to the Dr. to get my injection after getting my "new medicine" (progesterone mixed with sesame oil) yesterday in the mail. After sitting for 20 minutes to get a shot, I kindly go up to the front desk to ask them how much longer I am going to have to wait for an injection. Not long thereafter they came for me (I think they forgot). I am already ticked that I have had to sit that long for a shot, thinking there is no way this is going to work every week (come in to sit and wait for a shot in addition to my other regular waits for my Dr. visits). I get back to the nurses station and she takes out my medicine and I ask her about turning in the receipt to my insurance so they will pay for it (my whole reason for not doing the shot at home anymore). She proceeds to tell me that they can't do that! I want to SCREAM!!! I feel bad for the lady, because I was not nice. I am a hormonal pregnant woman who is ticked that she has had to wait and then to top it all off...be back at square one with insurance vs. Dr. office/shot. So after battling with them for a while longer, she tells me that she will work on it and call me....HERE WE GO AGAIN! I am so ticked...it should not be this complicated and dang it... they should take better notes in my file to know who is saying what (who talked to my insurance and got approval, etc.).

At this point, tomorrow I am 22 weeks and a week and a half without the shot, so if they don't get it squared away soon, I don't think the shot will be able to serve its purpose!

I AM SOOOOO AGGRAVATED!!!!!!!! Why does getting a shot to help prevent preterm labor have to be so difficult! It is almost as if I am not meant to get the shot...first the battle to get the meds, get insurance approval, allergic reaction, and now back to the insurance battle! SERIOUSLY...it should not be this difficult!

No comments: