Welcome to the ongoing adventures of the Eversole family! Hope you enjoy reading about our daily life, exciting times, trials, growth, and love!

Monday, September 29, 2008

Yikes!

Today I had another Dr. appt. with an u/s, because the Dr. is wanting to be very proactive this go round and make sure I am showing no signs of preterm labor, as it slipped by them with CR. I was very excited to get a chance to see Carragan again, to see how much she has grown, etc. When I got into the room though, the tech said, "so the Dr. wants to check your cervix length?". I replied yes and explained why. She then says the most accurate way to do it (and the way it will be done this time and many more times throughout my pregnancy) is vaginally! YIKES...I hate these kind and was afraid it would be painful being pregnant. Thank goodness it was painless and did show very clearly my cervix length. Everything looks great...4cm thick and no baby pushing (even though she was head down). She tech said that Carragan could decide to move again at any point at this time (meaning not head down) since it is still early, so no needs to worry. I also got a regular ultrasound and was very happy to see that Carragan is growing well (13 oz.) and great heartbeat and looks of everything. She gained 4 oz. in 2 weeks! That is so neat (especially since Mommy only gained 1 pound).

Yikes...I also received my registration packet for the hospital and was told to go ahead and fill it out/send it in. That makes reality set in that I really don't have too much longer left! I have SO much to do though!

Yikes...my blood sugar test was also scheduled. I am so not looking forward to drinking that stuff, timing it all right, and getting blood taken.

Great visit though and they also think they have my shot allergy figured out (allergic to caster oil they use in packing the progesterone). They are changing it to a different oil and we are going to give it another shot...we will see!

No comments: