Welcome to the ongoing adventures of the Eversole family! Hope you enjoy reading about our daily life, exciting times, trials, growth, and love!

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Rewards

Last night I got to experience the greatest reward I have ever recieved from teaching...watching 4 of my adult education students graduate. This was such an awesome experience that brought me to tears. Never as a 4th and 5th grade teacher was I moved quite like I was last night. I was so proud to see them dressed in dresses, ties, and graduation caps/gowns and get their diploma.

To have experienced their challenges with them and see their blood, sweat, and tears that they had to endure to reach this goal amazes me! For example, just a few obstacles...no income, 3-4 kids at home, older adult that lost job due to sale of company overseas, out of school for 30 years...these are just a few. I was reminded last night of just how far determination in despite of odds can get you! My hats go off to all these adults!

Sometimes I question my decision to go back to teaching/work instead of staying home. However, last night affirmed, yet again, that I have lives to touch beyond my own kids! The rewards of seeing these adults reach this goal that opens doors to their futures is so great, and they are so grateful for me being a part of their lives (as I was showered with hugs and words of thanks).

No comments: