Welcome to the ongoing adventures of the Eversole family! Hope you enjoy reading about our daily life, exciting times, trials, growth, and love!

Monday, January 19, 2009

Living out of Bags

I have to vent...I am tired of living out of bags! This pregnancy I was determined to have my bags packed early, in attempts to not be caught by surprise as I was with CR. So, needless to say, I can't even remember what I have packed in my suitcase since it has been packed for over a month and in the car for at least 2 weeks. My makeup/toiletry (well it is the size of a airplane carry on...you know...it takes a lot to make me put together) is sitting in my bathroom on my counter. I am digging stuff out of it to get dressed each day and then replacing it. Meanwhile, K's suitcase is sitting in the laundry room where he is living out of it too. We just know that if we let our guard down and leave them unpacked, she will decide to make her appearance into the world and we have been warned that we will not have much time. I mean to the point that if I begin to feel regular contractions or my water breaks, I have been told to jump in the car immediately and call L&D on the way to the hospital (a 20 minute trek without traffic). I guess these are the joys of walking around 4+cm dilated and 75% effaced!

You know she will decide to come tomorrow if it snows 4-6 inches...as her dad did (came into the world in the middle of a blizzard)!

2 comments:

Mrs. Carney said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mrs. Carney said...

I know how you feel. With Teagan, I was 4cm dilated and 100% effaced and the docs still would not admit me because I wasn't having regular contractions. However, when they did start, I just had a "gut feeling" that this time was the real thing, and she was born about 45 minutes after I was admitted to the hospital. The good thing about being dilated so much is that your labor probably won't be very long, but that is also the bad thing, too! Hang in there, I know it's tough, especially when you, like me, are used to delivering early.