Welcome to the ongoing adventures of the Eversole family! Hope you enjoy reading about our daily life, exciting times, trials, growth, and love!

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

"Yipee...it Snowded"

This was CR's words as he got out of bed this morning once realizing that I didn't have to go to work today. He was beside himself excited and very anxious to get out in the snow to play. I managed to hold him off til 9:30 AM.

I love the excitement snow or even mention of can bring! Watching CR's excitement reminded me of snow days as a kid and all the excitement it brought (no school, hot chocolate, getting together with friends for outside play). As an adult, even though I really wanted to work today (since I don't get paid if I don't work), I found myself so excited about the possibility of snow today. I was glued to the TV yesterday as much as possible trying to hear the latest news on whether we were going to get any and if so how much. I even found myself more restless last night just as I did with the threat of snow as a kid... (even though I am contributing a lot of that to pregnancy and heartburn from the white chicken chili I had last night) and wondering if it was doing anything. When I made my bathroom trip at 2AM, I had to go to the window to take a peek...sure enough it was coming down...what a beautiful sight! I love watching it come down and was glad to get a chance to do so this morning for quite a while before it all came to an end. There is something so tranquil to me about watching snow fall...maybe the stillness it brings with the color of cleanliness!

I am very thankful to have had the chance to see the snow today and enjoy the day with CR out in it!
Snow makes this firetruck so much more fun

CR playing with his friends in the snow




CR taking it all in. It was sort of a new experience for him as he didn't quite know what to expect (he was only a little over 1 when it snowed before)

He learns quickly how to have fun in the snow...making snow balls and sledding




Geared up and ready to play!












No comments: