Welcome to the ongoing adventures of the Eversole family! Hope you enjoy reading about our daily life, exciting times, trials, growth, and love!

Friday, September 19, 2008

Allergic to a natural hormone?

This doesn't seem so, but is the case for me (go figure I would have to be the odd ball). I am allergic to my progesterone injections! The first 2 went smoothly, and I was pleased with how well they went. The third one; however, started the problems. I thought that I had gotten a bite from swinging CR in the backyard. It didn't hit me that it was an allergic reaction to my shot until both my old and new injection sites were itching at the same time. This was last Friday, and I had the shot the Sunday before, so of course I didn't suspect it to be my shot (due to the time span). I did mention it to my Dr. and he thought that it was very wierd too (that I would be allergic to a natural hormone and the fact of the difference in time of the injection and reaction). So, he told me to monitor it and put ice on it the next time. I did!

This time it was worse. I had my shot on Wednesday evening and starting last night, it started to itch and swell. By this AM, it (the shot site) was very swollen, hot to the touch, and I was itching all over my body. So, I am now on meds to get the reaction to stop and can't take anymore shots until I return to the Dr. on the 29th. The Dr. on call today said the risks of the reaction outweigh the possibility of going into premature labor...STRONG STATEMENT DOC!

So, we will wait and see what he has to say. Until then, I hope I stop itching like a dog with fleas soon!

No comments: