Welcome to the ongoing adventures of the Eversole family! Hope you enjoy reading about our daily life, exciting times, trials, growth, and love!

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Baby's First Outfit

I just couldn't help myself! My mom and I went to a local consignment sale Thursday evening (Upscale WeeSale...owned by a fellow Junior League member and mother of a former student of mine). This was my first consignment sale, so I didn't know what to expect, but I had not planned on buying anything much. I (well we...thanks Mom for going with me and buying all the stuff) did pretty good...I only bought the baby one thing (and it was unisex). It is so adorable though...a pair of orange Clemson overalls (0-3 months) with a tiger paw on the front. It was brand new...still had the tags on it from Knickerbockers in Clemson. I was so proud of myself to find this for $10. I figured if the baby is a girl, I can dress it up with a frilly shirt. That will be my next mission (after my next u/s of course). GO TIGERS!

I also found several maternity sweaters, which I have been worried about. I have enough clothes for now, but when it starts to get cold, I don't have much. CR never stayed in long enough for it to get cold.

CR also got a good many things. To match his little brother/sister, we found him a Clemson wind suit (also with the tags still attached). This is the closest I can get to overalls with him (he demanded to stop wearing them when he was a little over a year old). I guess he didn't like the feel of being bound up or something. Not good though that he tells me what he wants and doesn't want to wear this young.
In addition, he also got:
-couple pairs of pants
-a John Deere shirt (he is all about John Deere right now...even demands the fruit snacks)
-a couple of sweaters
-a picture to match his "sea creature" bathroom (finally...I have been looking for something to go in there. It matches perfectly...bright colored "sea creatures" with a yellow mat and white frame)...all for $10. I couldn't even buy a frame for that much! On the same note, thanks Amanda (Harley's Amanda as CR says) for finding all the cute picture frames in FL to add to his bathroom. It is going to look so cute with all his beach pictures in them. I am finally glad to have this room done!

I can really get into this consignment sale shopping!

3 comments:

K. Franklin said...

And if it's a girl- don't forget bows!! Miss Hopie wears plenty of Hokie stuff (a lot of it hand-me-downs from Brad), but I just put either a maroon or orange bow in her hair and you can't mistake her for a girl! (headbands work too!!) :D

The Cassidys said...

i know girl - i am hooked! there are two more coming up in rock hill and in fort mill at the end of the month! yipee!

Eversole Crew said...

Thanks KJ...I didn't even think of that! That is great that I can use CR's stuff too and make it girly by adding a bow.