Welcome to the ongoing adventures of the Eversole family! Hope you enjoy reading about our daily life, exciting times, trials, growth, and love!

Friday, September 12, 2008

A Wonderful Cause

This morning CR and I went to a kickoff for our community for Dolly Parton's Imagination Library. I am so impressed with this cause set forth by Dolly Parton. It started by giving newborn babies born in a hospital in Sevier County (were Dolly Parton is from) a new book every month from the day of their birth until their 5th birthday. Now, it has extended to numerous counties...ours starting today.

I took CR to get "registered" and got a form for bean as well (as soon as we have a name, I can send bean's in and he/she will get a book starting at his/her birth). How exciting...CR and bean will have mail every month in the form of a great book.

CR is already excited about books, I think because I exposed him to so many starting as an infant. But just think of all the kids that don't have that. As a former teacher, I am excited that many kids that would never have the exposure to proper books will now be allowed to. Just think of the great abundance of knowledge they could now have by getting these books from birth-5 yrs old.

Hats off to Dolly Parton for caring for our kids!

No comments: