Welcome to the ongoing adventures of the Eversole family! Hope you enjoy reading about our daily life, exciting times, trials, growth, and love!

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Change of Seasons

As much as I love the change of seasons and the freshness that it brings, it is also a time of sniffles in my household. It never fails that as the weather changes from one season to the next, someone if not all of us get a case of the sniffles. Today K is suffering. Bless is heart, he sounds horrible, stopped up nose and coughing...although he says he doesn't feel bad. In attempts to help "cure" the weather changing "bug", I fixed up an order of comfort foods and two of his favorites....homemade beef stew and apple crisp (see recipe below). They not only hit the spot for K, but they kicked off Fall cooking in our household. I am looking forward to the cool weather, colorful leaves, Fall festivities (festivals, CR's birthday, and football) and yummy comfort foods (that I can cook in the oven...now that it is not too hot to turn it on). WELCOME FALL!

EASY YET YUMMY APPLE CRISP RECIPE: (K's favorite)

Ingredients:
1/4 cup butter-melted
1 Jiffy cake mix
4 apples (I prefer golden delicious or something of sorts)
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons cinnamon
*0ptional: chopped nuts (I usually omit this since K is not a fan of nuts)

-Peel apples. Cut into chunks/bite sized pieces from core into baking pan (I use my Pampered Chef rectangular casserole stoneware pan, but any will work).

-Mix remaining ingredients and crumble over apples.

-Bake on 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes or until apples look cooked and topping is golden brown. Hint: Your house will smell like cinnamon when it is done (I love this part)!

HAPPY FALL Y'ALL!

No comments: