Welcome to the ongoing adventures of the Eversole family! Hope you enjoy reading about our daily life, exciting times, trials, growth, and love!

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Making an Impact

This was the message this morning of the new church that K and I have started to go to. This decision was a hard yet easy one for us to make. It was hard in that change is always hard and it was hard to leave some people behind that I love dearly and have formed great friendships with over the past 6 years that I have attended that church. However, like I have said to many when asked why I decided to leave and follow our pastor: I don't attend church for the name, people, building, or ties. I attend church to worship God and I feel like following Pastor to this new church is where my family and I and can best do that right now.

Our pastor prayerfully decided that he wanted to start another church based on the "simple" concepts that he has been teaching us for a while (Love God, Love Others, Serve Others). Last week was his last day at our old church where he was a pastor for 13 years. What a step of faith he has taken! God has worked many miracles this week to allow so many things to fall into place: a meeting place for the new church, a church office across the street from the meeting place that is almost completely furnished, as well as many other things that I could go on and on about. God is taking care of the details!


This morning we had over 150 in service, which I thought was great! I am excited about our focus and the style of worship (contempory) we will have. I feel like we are set to win people to Christ! I am looking forward to what God is going to do with his people that have faith in Him!

No comments: