Welcome to the ongoing adventures of the Eversole family! Hope you enjoy reading about our daily life, exciting times, trials, growth, and love!

Monday, August 25, 2008

Bad Turns Good

Sometimes bad things turn out being good!

The bad part...
Yesterday evening I started having lower back/buttocks pain, but I just wrote it off as I was tired. I thought I would sleep it off and if not better by morning, I would look into it. I didn't sleep good all night because it hurt every time I turned over. Then this morning, getting dressed and getting CR dressed killed me. I immediately panicked because I had VERY similar symptoms with my miscarriage. So, I decided I better call the Dr. They wanted me to come in at 9:30 AM to see Dr. Revell. By this time, I was completely in tears with the pain worsening.

Dr. Revell and his nurse were wonderful! They were so nice, helpful, and understanding! And yes, Amy he sounds just like Matthew McConehey (sorry about my misspelling). He determined very quickly that it was a lumbar disc problem and gave me back exercises to do at home. Thank goodness my dad was able to keep CR all day and I have iced my back all day. I already feel so much better than I did this morning, but hopefully I will be back to normal within 48 hours. He checked my cervix and felt my tummy and said that the baby is fine!

Now the good part....
He said sometimes things like this could cause stress to the baby, so he has set me up for an ultrasound at 4:00 today! Yipee....we will hopefully find out what we are having and not have to wait til Sept. 8. Stay tuned...I am going to go drink caffeine!

1 comment:

Mrs. Carney said...

The suspense is killing me! I hope you're able to find out!!!