Welcome to the ongoing adventures of the Eversole family! Hope you enjoy reading about our daily life, exciting times, trials, growth, and love!

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

No news!

I definately made a bad decision to switch Dr's. I did not like Dr. Bajaj at all! Where do I start...let's see. Then I get in the room and Dr. Bajaj's nurse came in. I explain the situation that I experienced both Monday and Thursday night. She agreed that it was very interesting and starts to listen for the heartbeat(s). Just as she was getting started, she gets buzzed from Dr. Bajaj to come assist her in another room. So she runs out of the room, leaving me lying on the table with gel all over my belly. At least 10 minutes go by and no one has returned....I was beginning to get very uncomfortable, but didn't want to sit up and get the gel all over my shirt (seeing that I had nothing to wipe it with close by). Finally, someone comes in...it is the doctor. Right before she comes in, I am 90% sure I heard her say to a nurse that she had to leave soon for her daughter's "meet the teacher" day. So, she comes in and is in a HUGE hurry. She begins by starting the appt. (talking about my upcoming shots, etc.) with me lying on my back. I don't think she even introduced herself. I then ask her if I should sit up...she replies "whatever is comfortable". Then I ask, "can we listen to the heartbeat?". She replies, "Did the nurse not already do that?" I said "no, she was called out" as kindly as possible. Although I felt like saying, "no, I just like sitting here lying on my back with my belly shining with gel on it". DUH! So, she says, "I will do it". I then proceed to tell her my story, and she remarks..."it is probably just the hand and foot". I tell her that it shouldn't be possible where I felt the feeling (too far apart for a 4 in. long baby). She then says, "Ah, it was probably gas". At this point I am furious and have given up any hope on this Dr. She did hear a heartbeat (of 150), said it sounded good, felt my belly (said it feels "right on track" measures 16 weeks...even though I am not...I am 15 weeks). She continues to quickly cut off all my questions that I have for her about other concerns. You could just tell that I was not her focus. I hate this...I have heard from another friend that she was good. I think I just caught her on a bad day...however, this will was my first and last time seeing her (unless I get her during delivery of course).
Like I said before, I am sure there is an logical explanation (which her's was not one of them) and I don't have 2 babies inside me. However, being an at risk patient anyway...I would really appreciate it if doctors would at least listen to me and hear me out/investigate deeper. I have had a baby before and know what it feels like! It is funny too, that I have known more about my body in the past than the Dr.'s (they didn't want to believe me when I said that something wasn't right when CR was trying to make his appearance early and failed to investigate until it was too late and I also begged the Dr. to give me an MRI when I had a brain tumor when they wanted to blame it on everything else...stress, ENT problem, etc.) So...I just wish they would LISTEN!

Sorry...I really don't have any information to tell you but a lot did take place! I will know for sure on Sept. 8 when I have an ultrasound scheduled and will be seeing Dr. Garcia!

No comments: