Welcome to the ongoing adventures of the Eversole family! Hope you enjoy reading about our daily life, exciting times, trials, growth, and love!

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Sweet Baby Girls!

Congratulations to my friend Amy on her third child, Aubree Claire! I am so happy that she had a baby girl this time to add to her family of boys. CR and I went to visit with them today in the hospital, and there is just something sweet about baby girls that little baby boys don't have. She is so precious! Maybe I will have some sugar and spice in my household too! It would be nice to have two little girls that would be so close in age to grow up together!

I thought I would take CR with me mainly because I was feeling guilty that I haven't spent much time with him this week, but I thought it would also be a great experience for him, since I will be there in a few months. He had tons of questions for me before we got there about why Mrs. Amy was there, where were her boys, what the baby was doing, and on and on. It was great for him to get to have this experience before I am actually the one there having a baby. Maybe it will make things easier for him when I have to go. He loved it...loved seeing the babies in the nursery, loved the room, the nurses, seeing Mrs. Amy/Mr. Brandon and their baby. He loved it so much he didn't want to leave. I told K when I got home that we may have a problem. I was worried that CR would not like the hospital and be fearful, but now I am scared that we will not be able to make him leave when I have the baby. Maybe it is because he spent so much time there right before his birth and during his birth. This brings me to my next experience.

It was very wierd but so awesome to take CR with me to the hospital that I was in for so many weeks with him (a week prior to his birth, a week of his birth, and then a few days still...almost 3 weeks total). In the middle of our visit, CR told me he had to potty, so I took him to the hall bathroom. Upon entering the bathroom, it hit me like a ton of bricks...I almost broke down in tears. This was the bathroom that I spent so much time in, wiped endless tears in, could barely walk into after dragging myself around the hospital for hours on end, day after day, while he was in the NICU. Now almost 3 years later, I am standing there with this sweet, healthy, little boy that is talking my ears off and using the potty. God is SO good!

No comments: