Welcome to the ongoing adventures of the Eversole family! Hope you enjoy reading about our daily life, exciting times, trials, growth, and love!

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Words of Wisdom

CR has become totally insightful and even "instructive" these days. Some of our best conversations take place in the car. This morning he was full of insights. Here is a few:

-We were driving down the road in the rain (rain always makes him think of God because he knows that is who made it). He asks a question he asks a lot: "Mommy, where is God?". As always, I reply, "In heaven". CR asks, "what is he doing?" "I reply watching over us." CR then says, "I want to go there...when can I go?" Stumped...I reply..."Jesus will come get us one day to take us there". He then says, "Is he going to drive down to get me in his rental car?" He loves rental cars because K sometimes brings one home from work when he travels on the weekends and CR gets to ride in it. I reply, "maybe". He then says, "I bet Jesus has a big rental car". Bless him...I could not help but snicker and want to cry at the same time.

-Later he tells me how to drive...which is a common thing these days. This AM it went like this:
-CR: "Mommy you are driving too fast. You better be careful. You will have a wreck." Actually I was going the speed limit...I guess it just seemed faster because it was raining. I proceeded to slow down a bit. Then we get to a hill. He says:"Mommy go fast down the hill". Full blooded boy!
Most of the time his instructions for driving are: "You better drive"! He will say this to anyone he is riding with that doesn't have their hands just right on the steering wheel, or if one hand is not on the steering wheel.

I don't know how I would survive without his insights and instructions!

No comments: