Welcome to the ongoing adventures of the Eversole family! Hope you enjoy reading about our daily life, exciting times, trials, growth, and love!

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Questions, Questions!

CR is so full of questions these days...bless his heart...he tries to comprehend everything. When we first told him that we were going to have a baby, he immediately started with questions (especially since so many of our friends either are pregnant or have been recently). One of them was of course, "where is the baby" but quickly the questions changed to, "how is the baby going to get out" , "what does the baby eat" and "why won't the Dr. let you get in the tub with me" (yeast infections)? We have been very upfront with him (yet only as much as he can handle)...for example, we told him that the Dr. has to get the baby out. He was fine with that answer. He is so smart though. My mom told me the other day that he was asking her the same questions...I guess he just wanted to see if she was going to give the same answer (or if I was teasing him...his new phrase to me a lot).

With a fear that CR is not going to "like the new addition" in our house, I am slowly trying to involve him in the baby stuff. For example, even today after his teacher told me that she thinks CR is going to have a hard time, I decided to let CR watch parts of the Baby Story with me (minus the labor part). This really turned out to be a good thing. He got to see new babies, their siblings help take care of them, and what babies do. He had lots of questions..."what was the baby eating (nursing)" and where was it coming from, what was the baby doing at all times, and the thing that concerned him the most, "why is that baby crying". I got to answer a lot of things for him and warm him up to the things that will be happening in our house. He was very interested, even to the point that he became upset at commercials. I think for the first time, he was able to see the baby in a different way. He seems more eager now...he even said that he wants to sing to it and help me with it! Yipee...maybe we have made progress! If any of you have any other ideas of how to get CR more involved or liking the fact of having a sibling, please send them my way.

No comments: